CDTA is in the process of pruning its routes. Some lightly-used lines are being pared back. And some stops are being consolidated to "reduce travel-times and improve on-time performance."
The list of changes is after the jump. It looks like most of the stop consolidations will be in Albany and Troy.
- Route 232 Hampton Manor
- Route 811 Westerlo (eliminated -- it was Thursdays only)
- Route 29 Albany-Cohoes
- Route 8 Arbor Hill
- Route 224 (formerly #24) Albany-Troy-Rensselaer (runs from Troy to ESP)
- Route 90 Troy- Latham-Crossgates (runs from Troy to Crossgates, stops at Latham Circle, Latham Farms and Wolf Rd)
- Route 286 RPI Shuttle
- Route 289 (formerly #89 and #84) - Griswold Heights and Watervliet Belt (#89 and #84 service will consolidate to form #289)
- Route 830 Duanesburg (eliminated -- Tuesday only)
- Western Avenue between Manning Blvd and Fuller Rd impacting routes #4, #10, #11, #63
- Washington Avenue between Main Ave and Brevator St / Jermain St impacting routes #8, #12
- Route #13 beginning south of Madison Avenue on Delaware Avenue, Holland Avenue, and New Scotland Avenue (Routes #9 and #18 will also be impacted where service duplicates)
- Route #80 north of Hoosick Street
- Route #89 (to be #289) on Project Street and Madison Ave at Griswold Heights
Stops slated for elimination will be marked with a blue bag over their signs.
We'd really like you to take part in the conversation here at All Over Albany. But we do have a few rules here. Don't worry, they're easy. The first: be kind. The second: treat everyone else with the same respect you'd like to see in return. Cool? Great, post away. Comments are moderated so it might take a little while for your comment to show up. Thanks for being patient.